Have I mentioned that I love my crock pot? I should give her a name, but I wouldn’t want to upset Nancy, my GPS. I figured since I use my crock pot a lot, that I would post my favorite recipes for Manic Monday- Let’s Go Make Some Noise. I mean Soup. I found this recipe on Suite101.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 8-9 cups canned chicken broth
- 4-5 cups cold water
- 2-3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts (bone-in breasts or other chicken parts OK)
- 2-3 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery with leaves, chopped (do not omit)
- 1-2 pinches of dried dill weed
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- matzo ball mix (version that includes soup stock)
- Mix matzo ball dough according to package directions, cover tightly and refrigerate
- Add broth, water, chicken, vegetables, dill and pepper to slow cooker. Set cooker on “Low” and simmer all day.
- About an hour before meal, fill Dutch oven 2/3 full of water, add stock mix that comes in matzo ball mix, heat to boiling. Meanwhile, gently shape matzo balls. Drop into boiling water, cover pot, turn heat to low and simmer for at least 30 minutes
- Strain soup into large bowl, then return to slow cooker
- Remove matzo balls with slotted spoon, add to soup in slow cooker and keep on “Warm” setting until serving.