Have I mentioned that I love my crock pot? I should give her a name, but I wouldn’t want to upset Nancy, my GPS. I figured since I use my crock pot a lot, that I would post my favorite recipes for Manic Monday- Let’s Go Make Some Noise. I mean Soup. I found this recipe on CD Kitchen.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted and cut into small cubes
- 1 dried New Mexico chili pepper *
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cans (6 oz. size) drained crabmeat
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
- In a heatproof bowl, soak chili pepper in boiling water for at least 30 minutes. (If chili pepper is not properly reconstituted, it can impart a bitter flavor to the soup.)
- In a blender or food processor, puree chili, onion, garlic, cumin seeds and rosemary stock. Add to crockpot along with remaining stock, bay leaf, salt, black pepper and corn.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours. Add roasted pepper, crab and whipping cream. Cover and cook on High for 15 to 20 minutes until heated through. Discard bay leaf.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with parsley or cilantro.
- * If you can’t find the dried pepper, add smoky hot pepper sauce, preferably made with chipotle peppers, to taste, when soup is done.