Sliced bread isn’t in much demand in our house. Alex has a sandwich 4-5 times a week for school, but other than that, we don’t eat much plain bread. It’s tough to buy 8 slices of bread, so what can we do?
If you have read my Keys To Saving, you know I try to avoid throwing away food. So can you freeze sliced bread? Yes you can.
- wrap the bread in saran wrap (2 slices at a time)
- place wrapped bread into a Ziploc bag
- date and label the bread, place into the freezer
- to thaw, leave on counter for 15 minutes, or microwave for a few seconds
- bread can remain on freezer for 6 months, or longer if you’re going to use it for bread crumbs