A weekly dilemma (just a small dilemma) in our house is where to buy donuts. Alex loves chocolate glazed donuts, which we buy for around a buck each. We only buy 1 at a time, because they go stale fairly quickly, but that gets expensive. We would buy a dozen at Dunkin Donuts, for around 50¢ for a donut, or even less if we have a coupon, but what do we do with all the leftovers?
If you have read my Keys To Saving, you know I try to avoid throwing away food. So can you freeze donuts? Yes you can.
- Wrap each donut in wax paper in serving size portions.
- label each package with name and date
- place the wrapped packs in a freezer bag
- freeze for up to 6 months
- to defrost, let sit out on counter for 5 minutes, or until defrosted