Regardless of the size of your family, cooking in large batches is a big money saver. We are a family of 3, I always cook enough to at least have another meal for 3, usually more than that.
How do you save?
- buying bigger quantities costs less than in smaller packages
- it won’t cost more in energy charges to cook a larger batch
- you will be less inclined to dine out if you have leftovers ready to be re-heated or thawed
- you can take advantage of great grocery deals, just cook it and freeze it
- buy more when you can match coupons with a sale