What is Fresh Fare Friday? By the end of the week, I’m usually craving something light, a little on the healthier side, and easy to prepare. I’ll try to pick out my favorite recipes, featuring fewer ingredients, fresh from the market. Not strictly vegetarian, but leaning that way.
Oh, and enjoy!
Salmon, Asparagus, and Orzo Salad with Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) skinless salmon fillet
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette
- Preheat broiler.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add asparagus; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove asparagus from water with tongs or a slotted spoon, reserving water in pan. Plunge asparagus into ice water; drain and set aside.
- Return reserved water to a boil. Add orzo, and cook according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While orzo cooks, sprinkle fillet evenly with salt and pepper. Place fish on a foil-lined broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Using 2 forks, break fish into large chunks. Combine fish, orzo, asparagus, onion, and Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette in a large bowl; toss gently to coat.
Source: Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast