What is Fresh Fare Friday? By the end of the week, I’m usually craving something light, a little on the healthier side, and easy to prepare. I’ll try to pick out my favorite recipes, featuring fewer ingredients, fresh from the market. Not strictly vegetarian, but leaning that way.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive or sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat 6 cups water to boiling. Add broccoli. Heat to boiling; boil uncovered 2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper to saucepan. Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; remove from saucepan.
- Add oil to saucepan. Cook garlic in oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden. Stir in lemon juice and salt. Return broccoli mixture to saucepan; toss to coat.