Spaghetti tacos? Of course! It doesn’t get much more kid friendly than that! When I was a child, “kid friendly” meant a smaller portion of what Mom & Dad were having. Not today though. There seems to be an entire sub culture of recipes geared at just the young (not usually just the young at heart).
Just because they are young, doesn’t mean they can’t eat healthy. Spaghetti tacos at our house feature whole wheat spaghetti, ground corn taco shells, and fresh tomato sauce. And cheese of course. Lots of cheese. Watch for a new Kid Friendly recipe every Wacky Wednesday. Same bat channel, same bat time. Or something like that.
OAE (Oh, and enjoy)
Chicken Salad Cones
- Cooked chicken breast cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red peppers (optional)
- 2 TBSP raisins
- 2 TBSP chopped dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder (optional)
- Ice cream cones
- Lettuce leaves
- Have the children help cut up the vegetables.
- Once done, have the children add chicken, mayonnaise, carrots, celery, peppers, raisins and peanuts in a large bowl, and mix together.
- Season the chicken salad with salt and pepper.
- Once done, have the children line the ice cream cones with lettuce.
- Lastly, using an ice cream scoop, have the children scoop the chicken salad into each cone. Kids love this part!
- And, voila, the children have now made Chicken Salad Cones. All that’s left to do is eat and enjoy! Yum!