First, let’s be clear. Grilling is not the same as BBQ. I live in BBQ Country (North Carolina), and I have been corrected many times when speaking with locals.
With grilling, you use a direct flame, cooking quickly. When you BBQ, you use an indirect or low flame, cooking very slowly. And of course, there are different types of grills. The two most common are charcoal and gas grills. I use gas, but I’ll look for recipes for both methods. For a pig roast, an open flame or pit is the way to go, but I’ll stick with grilling or BBQ recipes for now.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 2-3 lbs boneless chuck steaks
- 1/4 cup Chimichurri sauce marinade
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 8-12 hours before grilling, rub Chimichurri sauce onto steaks
- Once covered, place steaks in Ziploc bag and refrigerate
- remove chilled steaks, pre-heat grill to medium high
- before placing steaks on grill, drizzle with olive oil
- turn down heat on grills to medium, and grill steaks for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway
- once cooked, remove from grill and brush on more Chimichurri sauce if desired