Saturday just seems like a great day for a sandwich. And I don’t mean a few slices of meat between 2 slices of bread wrapped in foil and thrown in a paper bag kind of sandwich. I mean a SANDWICH sandwich!
Saturday’s are special, so watch for a different special sandwich right here every Saturday.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 2 loaf(s) (about 18 inches each) ficelle
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) coarse black pepper
- 3/4 pound(s) Virginia ham, sliced
- 3 large avocados, peeled and sliced
- Cut each ficelle loaf into 3 equal pieces, and split each horizontally along one side, leaving the other side intact. Open the pieces so they lie flat.
- Stir the butter, mustard, and pepper together until smooth, and spread on both sides of the bread. Layer with the ham and avocado, and sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Wrap the sandwiches with parchment, and tie with a string to secure. Keep chilled and serve within 3 hours.