Saturday just seems like a great day for a sandwich. And I don’t mean a few slices of meat between 2 slices of bread wrapped in foil and thrown in a paper bag kind of sandwich. I mean a SANDWICH sandwich!
Saturday’s are special, so watch for a different special sandwich right here every Saturday.
Oh, and enjoy!
2 six inch lengths baguettes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbl red wine vinegar
2 vinegar peppers, sliced
1 cup arugula
1/4 cup thiny sliced proscuitto
2 thin slices (2 ounces) domestic mortadella
4 thin slices (2 ounces) proscuitto
6 thin slices (2 ounces) hot or sweet soppressata
4 thin slices (4 ounces) provolone cheese
- Heat panini or sandwich press according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Slice the baguette in half lengthwise with a serrated knife, then in half to divide for two sandwiches
- Brush the insides with the oil and vinegar
- Lay bread, cut side up, on a work surface
- Arrange arugula & peppers on the bottom half of the sandwich bread
- Drape mortadella, proscuitto, and soppressata on top of the vegetables
- Top with provolone, and finally the top half of the baguette
- Place sandwiches on the press, pulling top down
- Cook until browned and cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes depending on heat of press
- Carefully remove sandwiches from the press & serve immediately
Source: Bottomless Kitchen