Spaghetti tacos? Of course! It doesn’t get much more kid friendly than that! When I was a child, “kid friendly” meant a smaller portion of what Mom & Dad were having. Not today though. There seems to be an entire sub culture of recipes geared at just the young (not usually just the young at heart).
Just because they are young, doesn’t mean they can’t eat healthy. Spaghetti tacos at our house feature whole wheat spaghetti, ground corn taco shells, and fresh tomato sauce. And cheese of course. Lots of cheese. Watch for a new Kid Friendly recipe every Wacky Wednesday. Same bat channel, same bat time. Or something like that.
OAE (Oh, and enjoy)
16 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup pecans, ground
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Stir together crushed crackers and next 4 ingredients.
2. Whisk egg white just until foamy.
3. Place a wire rack coated with cooking spray in a parchment paper-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
4. Dredge chicken tenders in flour; dip in egg white, and dredge in saltine mixture. Lightly coat chicken on each side with cooking spray; arrange chicken on wire rack.
5. Bake at 425° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown, turning once after 12 minutes.