What is Fresh Fare Friday? By the end of the week, I’m usually craving something light, a little on the healthier side, and easy to prepare. I’ll try to pick out my favorite recipes, featuring fewer ingredients, fresh from the market. Not strictly vegetarian, but leaning that way.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 small capsicums (sweet pepper)
- 1 bunch lettuce (romaine)
- Some endive or red chicory leaves (or radicchio)
- 1 red salad onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 large red tomatoes
- Nice handful fresh basil
- 2 or 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Tablespoon virgin olive oil
- Few drops of white vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove of garlic (optional) finely sliced
Wash and cut the carrot, onion, cucumber, capsicum, lettuce and endive.
Pour the dressing over the salad, and season with the black pepper.
Gently toss the salad (with your hands) to ensure a nice even coverage of the dressing.
Then add the chopped tomatoes and the sprigs of thyme and stir through the salad.
At the last moment befroe serving – gently tear the basil leaves over the top.