What is Fresh Fare Friday? By the end of the week, I’m usually craving something light, a little on the healthier side, and easy to prepare. I’ll try to pick out my favorite recipes, featuring fewer ingredients, fresh from the market. Not strictly vegetarian, but leaning that way.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 1 cup ripe paw paw (papaya), finely chopped
- 1 cup ripe avocado, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 3 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl and chill for several hours.
Serve icy cold, garnished with a few freshly ground paw paw seeds, a spring of cilantro or celery tops.