Saturday just seems like a great day for a sandwich. And I don’t mean a few slices of meat between 2 slices of bread wrapped in foil and thrown in a paper bag kind of sandwich. I mean a SANDWICH sandwich!
Saturday’s are special, so watch for a different special sandwich right here every Saturday.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces sliced roast beef, sliced into strips
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4-ounce) can minced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 sandwich rolls, sliced in 1/2
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute 3 minutes, until soft. Add roast beef slices and saute 3 to 5 minutes, until browned on all sides, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes, jalapenos, lime juice, and cumin and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes, to heat through and reduce slightly.
Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Spoon onto sliced rolls with plenty of sauce and serve.