Have I mentioned that I love my crock pot? I should give her a name, but I wouldn’t want to upset Nancy, my GPS. I figured since I use my crock pot a lot, that I would post my favorite recipes for Manic Monday- Let’s Go Make Some Noise. I mean Soup.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes (leave in the juice)
- 1 red or green pepper chopped
- several carrots diced (you want a lot)
- 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning (I know… it seems like a lot)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt (you can use garlic cloves if you have it)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups of chicken broth or water
- Pasta (small or spaghetti pasta will do)
- Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
Dump everything (except for the pasta) into the crockpot.
Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Shred the chicken into small pieces.
Boil pasta and cook according to directions.
Drain, rinse, and then add to the crockpot soup.
Stir to combine. Then serve.
We liked to serve it with Parmesan cheese and some garlic toast. YUM!