Have I mentioned that I love my crock pot? I should give her a name, but I wouldn’t want to upset Nancy, my GPS. I figured since I use my crock pot a lot, that I would post my favorite recipes for Manic Monday- Let’s Go Make Some Noise. I mean Soup.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 4 finely chopped celery ribs
- 3 finly chopped and peeled carrots
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 lbs (4 cups) cooked, cut into bite size pieces chicken breast
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) drained, canned diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canned, drained and rinsed white beans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tbsp Tabasco sauce
Place vegetables, garlic, salt and pepper in crock pot. Top with the chicken pieces, butter, broth and bouillon. DO NOT STIR.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 1/2 hours. Stir in drained tomatoes and beans; continue to cook 1/2 hour more.
Before serving, stir in parsley and Tabasco sauce.