What is Fresh Fare Friday? By the end of the week, I’m usually craving something light, a little on the healthier side, and easy to prepare. I’ll try to pick out my favorite recipes, featuring fewer ingredients, fresh from the market. Not strictly vegetarian, but leaning that way.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 1 1/3 cups chopped seeded plum tomato (about 4 tomatoes)
- 2 cups chopped fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 (1.25-ounce) slices Italian bread (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 large garlic clove, halved
Combine first 7 ingredients. Let stand 20 minutes.
Preheat broiler or prepare grill.
Rub bread with cut side of garlic clove. Place bread slices on a baking sheet or grill rack; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
Top bread slices with tomato mixture. Serve immediately.