Saturday just seems like a great day for a sandwich. And I don’t mean a few slices of meat between 2 slices of bread wrapped in foil and thrown in a paper bag kind of sandwich. I mean a SANDWICH sandwich!
Saturday’s are special, so watch for a different special sandwich right here every Saturday.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) French bread
- 10 slices deli smoked turkey, halved
- 10 slices deli roast beef, halved
- 20 small lettuce leaves
- 10 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, halved
- 10 slices cheddar cheese, halved
- 2 cups roasted sweet red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 3/4 cup mild pickled pepper rings
- GARLIC-LIME MAYONNAISE:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 bottle (5 ounces) submarine sandwich dressing
Cut each loaf into 22 slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom (cut off and discard end pieces). Between every other slice of bread, place a piece of turkey and beef, a lettuce leaf, a piece of each kind of cheese, red peppers and banana peppers.
In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, garlic and chili powder. To serve, cut completely through the bread between the plain slices. Serve with mayonnaise mixture and submarine dressing. Yield: 20 sandwiches.