With grilling, you use a direct flame, cooking quickly. When you BBQ, you use an indirect or low flame, cooking very slowly. And of course, there are different types of grills. The two most common are charcoal and gas grills. I use gas, but I’ll look for recipes for both methods. For a pig roast, an open flame or pit is the way to go, but I’ll stick with grilling or BBQ recipes for now.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 4 4-oz swordfish steaks or other firm white fish
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon. minced fresh gingerroot
- Combine all ingredients except swordfish in small bowl; mix well.
- Place fish in shallow baking dish; pour marinade over fish. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Remove fish from marinade. Grill over medium-hot coals or broil fish about 10-15 minutes per inch of thickness or until fish turns opaque and flakes easily when tested with fork.