Saturday just seems like a great day for a sandwich. And I don’t mean a few slices of meat between 2 slices of bread wrapped in foil and thrown in a paper bag kind of sandwich. I mean a SANDWICH sandwich!
Saturday’s are special, so watch for a different special sandwich right here every Saturday.
Oh, and enjoy!
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon srirracha sauce
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 teaspoons fish sauce
8 ounces beef tenderloin, sliced thin
1/2 seedless cucumber, Using a peeler shave into ribbons, long strips
1/2 carrot, Using a peeler shave into ribbons, long strips
1 tablespoon soy
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
3 tablespoons cilantro sprigs
3 green onions, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise
1 jalapeno seeded and ribbed
2 cloves garlic
1 lime juiced
For The Beef Marinade
- Combine all of the above ingredients and allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Sear the beef in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil until fully caramelized in a large skillet. The juices released by the cooking process need to become reduced and caramelized back onto the beef.
For The Relish
- Combine relish ingredients into a bowl and allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
For The Mayonnaise
- Puree the jalapeno, garlic and lime juice until smooth.
- Add to the mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust.
- Make your sandwiches. Assemble with equal portions on your favorite bread. You will probably have extra mayonnaise depending on your needs. Makes 4 sandwiches.