What is Fresh Fare Friday? By the end of the week, I’m usually craving something light, a little on the healthier side, and easy to prepare. I’ll try to pick out my favorite recipes, featuring fewer ingredients, fresh from the market. Not strictly vegetarian, but leaning that way.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 1/3 lb (150g) of arugula
- 2 green apples
- 8 wallnuts
- 10 white grapes
- 4 fresh figs
- 4 slices of air-dried ham
- Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard
- Salt and pepper
1. Wash and dry the arugula.
2. Wash grapes and cut them in half making sure to remove the seeds.
3. Wash and cut the figs in 4.
4. Peel the apples and cut them into small cubes.
5. Crack wallnuts and extract the kernels.
6. Arrange on individual plates: arugula, diced apples, figs, wallnuts, grapes.
7. For the dressing, mix 1 tablespoon of mustard with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Sprinckle dressing over the preparation. Salt and pepper. It’s ready!