Have I mentioned that I love my crock pot? I should give her a name, but I wouldn’t want to upset Nancy, my GPS. I figured since I use my crock pot a lot, that I would post my favorite recipes for Manic Monday- Let’s Go Make Some Noise. I mean Soup.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 small bag frozen corn
- 1 14oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 4oz can diced green chiles
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp hot sauce, or to taste
- [I used a chipotle hot sauce]
- 1 bay leaf
- shredded cheese
- tortilla chips
- lime zest
1. Cut bulb ends off green onions. Chop into small pieces, stopping just when the leaves start. Reserve a handful of the greener part for garnish.
2. Saute the remaining chopped onion in olive oil over medium heat until caramelized, about 5 minutes.
3. Mix green onions with the rest of the ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on low for about 6 hours.
4. Garnish soup with shredded cheese, crushed tortilla strips, a few slices of avocado, some of the reserved green onions, and a little bit of lime zest. Serve.