What is Fresh Fare Friday? By the end of the week, I’m usually craving something light, a little on the healthier side, and easy to prepare. I’ll try to pick out my favorite recipes, featuring fewer ingredients, fresh from the market. Not strictly vegetarian, but leaning that way.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 1 – 16 oz can Fat-free Refried Beans (*use 1/4 of the taco seasoning and mix with beans) bottom layer
- 6-8 oz Fat-free or Lite Cheddar Cheese (1/2 the bag)
- 2 Avocados minced or 1/2 C Guacamole
- 1/4 C Chopped Black Olives
- 2/3 C Fat-free or Lite Sour Cream (use 1/4 of the taco seasoning and mix with sour cream)
- 2 Green onions minced
- 1 Medium Tomato diced
- 6-8 oz Fat-free or Lite Cheddar Cheese (2nd 1/2 of the bag)
- 1-2 tsp Cilantro top layer
Layer ingredients with the starting ingredients (beans) on the bottom of a 9×9 glass or pyrex baking dish and then go in order as written. Serves 9-12
*Use 1 McCormick Mild (You can use normal or medium if you like) Taco Seasoning envelope to be mixed with the beans and sour cream. Layer in order and use Baked Tostitos or other non-fried chip or maybe a whole wheat pita.