Have I mentioned that I love my crock pot? I should give her a name, but I wouldn’t want to upset Nancy, my GPS. I figured since I use my crock pot a lot, that I would post my favorite recipes for Manic Monday- Let’s Go Make Some Noise. I mean Soup.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 6 parsnips (about 2 lb), peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 apples (we used Gala), peeled, cored, and quartered
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cans (14.5 oz each) fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place ingredients in 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover. Cook on low 10 to 12 hours, or until parsnips are tender. Let cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender until smooth. Serve immediately.