What is Fresh Fare Friday? By the end of the week, I’m usually craving something light, a little on the healthier side, and easy to prepare. I’ll try to pick out my favorite recipes, featuring fewer ingredients, fresh from the market. Not strictly vegetarian, but leaning that way.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 3 tbsps minced shallot
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh dill
- ½ tsp grated fresh lemon zest
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2½ tbsps freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 3 seedless cucumbers, peeled
- 4 oz (115g) smoked salmon, optional
Whisk together the shallot, mint, dill, lemon zest, olive oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add the sugar, salt, and the white pepper.
Cut the cucumbers in half crosswise. Using a vegetable peeler, peel long strips to form ribbons, and place the ribbons in a salad bowl. Add the dressing to the cucumber ribbons and toss to combine.
Arrange the cucumber ribbons on four salad plates. If using, tuck slices of salmon in among the ribbons, or drape them loosely over all. Serve immediately.