I’m not saying that a box of plain brownie mix is an invitation to blah snacks. But if you could kick the treats up 4 notches to decadence once in a while, why not?
My Daughter and I are both chocoholics, my Wife isn’t, so we won’t need to share these with her.
I started with a box of Betty Crocker brownie mix, but any mix would do.
Oh, and enjoy!
- boxed brownie mix (without syrups, just plain mix)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 3 tbs water
- 10 oz. bag (or about 1.5 cups) of dark chocolate chips (or chips of your choice)
- preheat oven to 350°
- grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper
- pour brownie mix into medium mixing bowl
- add cinnamon powder
- add egg
- add oil & water
- mix well by hand, until combined
- add chips, fold in by hand or with a wooden spoon
- drop rounded teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets
- bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes, or until edges are set (centers may still be soft)
- do not over bake, cookies will be soft, but have patience
- let cookies rest for a few minutes before moving to racks to cool completely
- I didn’t say you could taste them yet, put them back on the rack
- OK, now you can taste them.