What is Fresh Fare Friday? By the end of the week, I’m usually craving something light, a little on the healthier side, and easy to prepare. I’ll try to pick out my favorite recipes, featuring fewer ingredients, fresh from the market. Not strictly vegetarian, but leaning that way.
Oh, and enjoy!
Prosciutto, Fontina, and Fig Panini
- 8 (0.9-ounce) slices crusty Chicago-style Italian bread
- 4 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 1/4 cups (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup baby arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup fig preserves
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- Preheat panini grill.
- Top each of 4 bread slices evenly with prosciutto, fontina cheese, and arugula.
- Spread 1 tablespoon fig preserves evenly over 1 side of each of remaining 4 bread slices; top sandwiches with remaining bread slices.
- Coat outsides of sandwiches with cooking spray.
- Place sandwiches on panini grill; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.
- Cut panini in half before serving, if desired.