What is Fresh Fare Friday? By the end of the week, I’m usually craving something light, a little on the healthier side, and easy to prepare. I’ll try to pick out my favorite recipes, featuring fewer ingredients, fresh from the market. Not strictly vegetarian, but leaning that way.
Oh, and enjoy!
- ½ pound shrimp
- 3 stalks lemon grass, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons garlic chives
- 2 avocados, peeled, cut into 1 in. chunks
In a medium saucepan with steamer insert, place 1 stalk of fresh Lemon Grass in water for steaming shrimp.
Steam shrimp until pink.
Cool, and peel.
Mince 2 stalks of fresh Lemon Grass and combine with remaining ingredients.