This came out great, if I do say so myself (which I do). I based this on a recipe I had seen a long time ago, I don’t remember where. And to be honest, I’m not sure what I left out, and what I added from the original. But I loved the result.
This is the rated PG-13 version, if you want the R rated recipe, add some hot peppers or use Hot salsa instead of Mild. I went with the tame version, and just added jalapeno peppers to my own serving. Either way, it was quick and easy, which on weekend nights is important.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup salsa, mild
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bag (13 oz) Doritos, crushed; save about 1/4 for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded Mexican blend cheese or Monterey Jack or Cheddar
Mix together browned ground beef, soups, salsa, milk, and about 3/4 of the crushed Doritos. Top with remaining crushed Doritos and shredded cheese. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted.
I served this with Penne and meat sauce, to give it the perfect Mexican-Italian blend. I had a salad.