Have I mentioned that I love my crock pot? I should give her a name, but I wouldn’t want to upset Nancy, my GPS. I figured since I use my crock pot a lot, that I would post my favorite recipes for Manic Monday- Let’s Go Make Some Noise. I mean Soup. I found this recipe on SouthernFood.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 1 med. head of cauliflower, separated into flowerettes
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped, or about 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half or light cream
- chopped chives
Combine cauliflower, onion, carrot, celery, and chicken stock in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Puree in blender to desired consistency. Return to slow. Blend in cream, Worcestershire, and cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to mix well. Turn control to high and heat through; garnish servings with chopped chives, if desired. Serves 4 to 6.