Spaghetti tacos? Of course! It doesn’t get much more kid friendly than that! When I was a child, “kid friendly” meant a smaller portion of what Mom & Dad were having. Not today though. There seems to be an entire sub culture of recipes geared at just the young (not usually just the young at heart).
Just because they are young, doesn’t mean they can’t eat healthy. Spaghetti tacos at our house feature whole wheat spaghetti, ground corn taco shells, and fresh tomato sauce. And cheese of course. Lots of cheese. Watch for a new Kid Friendly recipe every Wacky Wednesday. Same bat channel, same bat time. Or something like that.
OAE (Oh, and enjoy)
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 chicken tenders (about 1 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 Canadian bacon slices, cut into thin strips
- 4 Swiss cheese slices, halved
1. Combine breadcrumbs, pepper, and salt in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Rinse chicken tenders, and add to freezer bag. Seal bag, and shake to coat.
2. Melt butter with oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken 3 1/2 to 4 minutes on each side or until done. Arrange Canadian bacon strips over chicken in skillet, and top each with 1 cheese slice. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.