Spaghetti tacos? Of course! It doesn’t get much more kid friendly than that! When I was a child, “kid friendly” meant a smaller portion of what Mom & Dad were having. Not today though. There seems to be an entire sub culture of recipes geared at just the young (not usually just the young at heart).
Just because they are young, doesn’t mean they can’t eat healthy. Spaghetti tacos at our house feature whole wheat spaghetti, ground corn taco shells, and fresh tomato sauce. And cheese of course. Lots of cheese. Watch for a new Kid Friendly recipe every Wacky Wednesday. Same bat channel, same bat time. Or something like that.
OAE (Oh, and enjoy)
Egg Bread Buns
- Small round buns (preferably white bread)
- 4 small eggs
- 4 tbsp. coffee cream
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons (50 g) grated cheese
- Chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 360°F ( 180°c) and cover your plate with parchment paper so that your buns do not stick to it.
- Head off the buns, reserving little hats for the future.
- Remove much of the bread without breaking the back, press down with your fingers to make a well.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in quarters.
- Pour 1 tsp. coffee cream into the bottom of your bread.
- Break the egg over, add the halved cherry tomatoes, sprinkle with grated cheese and parsley. You’ll probably have a little egg that could run down. It does not matter.
- Add salt, pepper and close with ”hats”.
- Then put the bread on the plate and bake at least 10 min. You can go up to 20 mn without worrying, depending on your taste.