Have I mentioned that I love my crock pot? I should give her a name, but I wouldn’t want to upset Nancy, my GPS. I figured since I use my crock pot a lot, that I would post my favorite recipes for Manic Monday- Let’s Go Make Some Noise. I mean Soup. I found this recipe on About.com.
Oh, and enjoy!
- 2 pounds boneless lamb cubed, browned, and drained
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 small bay leaf
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca (optional – see Note)
Sprinkle browned lamb cubes with salt and pepper. Place lamb in the crockpot along with water, bay leaf, carrots, onions, potatoes, and tapioca. Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours, adding peas to the stew during the last hour. Note: If you do not wish a thickened gravy, omit the tapioca.